This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.see disclosure
First attempt at glass Etching and making wine charms with Shrinky Dinks.
Supplies: Etched wine glass
- Armour Etch Cream
- Stencil – Either buy or make your own with Cricut, this one I made with a free SVG found on Love SVG. Remember to convert to stencil and wedding is backwards! Don’t wed as normal, which is what I did the first time.
- Since I cut with Cricut you will need the transfer tape take transfer your stencil on the wine glass. Make sure there isn’t gaps as the etching cream will bleed into and etch areas of the glass you aren’t wanting etched. Following Etch cream as directed on bottle or their website.
Supplies: Wine Charms
- Shrinky Dink Printable paper
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
- Jump rings
- Charm ring earring hoop
- Spacers and beads kit or various – This isn’t the same kit but simaliar to what I on hand
- Jewelry Plyers – If you don’t have any
- I found these cute saying and free SVGs from Love SVG – I generally like to design my own designs but I was short on time and these were perfect! Cricut has the ability to print and then cut your design which is what I did here. Punch at hole but not to close to the top as these shrink and so does the hole punch. I also did double punch to enlarge the size of the hole. Place the printed Shrinky Dink in the oven, follow the instructions on the Shrinky Dink package. Pulled them from the oven, allowed them to cool and then applied the Mod Podge Dimensional Magic, two coats. Do not place Mod Podge over the hole punch otherwise it will harden. Once dried, place the jump rings and place beads on the Charm ring earring hoop and close! Done. I did forget to punch holes on one set of my wine charms and my husband had to help me drill a hole, a mistake I won’t repeat again!